At XANT, we are proven pros at going to trade shows and generating leads. I often get asked what our secret is and I want to share a few of them with you.
In fact, I’m on my way to Chicago today with my team from XANT for the AA-ISP Leadership Summit. We used these “commandments” to prepare for and make the most of the show. Enjoy.
1. Never go to an event that you can’t generate more leads than you will need to pay for it, and do it before you get there.
2. Look sharp, be sharp and be kind.
3. Trade leads with as many other vendors as you can at the show.
4. Never go to a show you can’t speak at.
5. When you speak, don’t pitch your products. Try to grow your industry instead.
6. Always have your own event(s) going on simultaneously.
7. Set appointments for people to come meet your executives.
8. Give away cool “swag” that matters and pulls well.
9. Be audacious and memorable, but also smart and relevant.
10. Have your best lead generators at the event and make it a game!
11. Promote the event like it’s your own, because it is.
12. Respond as fast as you can to all requests and set appointments right at the show.
I realize I’ve just given you a short summary of my “12 Commandments.” For a more detailed discussion, read my Forbes.com article:
If you would, please take a moment and comment on this article, especially if you’re in the inside sales or lead generation space. I would be very interested in reading your thoughts. The easiest way to share this article is to click on the large link above and share it through the social icons on the left side of the page.
If you like what you’ve read, you can +Follow me on Forbes.com to receive updates via email of my latest posts focused on sales, marketing and entrepreneurs. If you have a topic in mind that you would like me to address on Forbes.com, email me at kk (at) www.xant.ai.
Free eBook: The Ultimate Revenue Engine
Learn how to dramatically increase revenue by combining sales and marketing automation.