I learned an awesome phone skill from one of our lead gen reps at the office this morning. Travis Turner is a lead generation superstar, and I mean that in every sense. He’s been with our company close to three years, solely in a lead generation calling capacity.
On average, Travis makes between 200 and 300 calls every single day he works. No, I’m not kidding. Every single day for three years. And he’s nowhere close to being burnt out by it, because A. he’s very, very good at it, and B. our dialer system automates and reduces the normal headaches of phone dialing so much that making 250 calls in eight hours simply isn’t an onerous task.
The tip he taught us was this:
When you get to a decision maker’s voicemail, rather than waiting the 20-30 seconds for the message to play, “Hi this is Bob/Jill, VP of Blah blah at Company X, I’m not here, leave me a message and I’ll get back with you,” press either a 1, 0, or # on your phone, and skip straight to the “beep” to leave your message, saving you 10-30 seconds per voice message call—and when you’re making 200 calls day, that’s 30-100 minutes of time you’re simply not wasting.
If you want to see an interview with Travis, go here:
Top 20 Articles on www.KenKrogue.com (with total views)
- What is Inside Sales? Our Definition of Inside Sales | Ken Krogue – 16,115 Views
- Inside Sales Best Practices – 1,623 Views
- Inside Sales Tips by Ken Krogue – 1.026 Views
- KPI – Key Performance Indicators – 867 Views
- Inside Sales versus Outside Sales – 542 Views
- Is Leaving a Voicemail Worthwhile? – 456 Views
- 6 Reasons Salesforce Users Need Hosted Dialer Technology – 382 Views
- Behind the Cloud – Ken’s Notes – 310 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – No Vacations Last Week of the Month – 298 Views
- Funny Inside Sales Videos – 290 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Skip to the Beep – 273 Views
- Demand Generation Tactics and Strategy – 258 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Interest is The Counterfeit of Need – 252 Views
- Inside Sales is Top Method of Lead Generation – 231 Views
- Inside Sales Training – 214 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – How LinkedIn Gives you 3 Free SEO Backlinks – 206 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Specialize – 174 Views
- Marketing B2B 4 Quick Email Tips – 168 Views
- Leadscon East Vendors Need to Drink their Own Medicine – 137 Views
- What is Lead Response Management – 137 Views
Free eBook: 31 Inside Sales Must Haves
Gain access to 31 inside sales tips to help drive leads, appointments and sales.