We just put out a press release about a ResponseAudit we did on the 57 vendors of LeadsCon East 2010.
As usual we started about a month ago submitting fictitious leads on their websites with real phone numbers and email addresses to see how fast they would respond to leads on their own site.
63.2% never responded.
The fastest was Speak2Leads at 4 minutes 23 seconds, they also made 9 different attempts before they gave up. They are actually in the business of responding their leads quickly. I met Sammy Jones, their CEO, and he was pretty pleased with his system and their staff.
The average vendor who did respond sent 2 emails and made 2 phone calls (better than previous audits.)
The average response time was 56 hours, 5 minutes, and 26 seconds (the worst of previous audits.)
Omniture Summit 2007 – 54 hours 5 minutes
Dreamforce 2008 – 44 hours 31 minutes
Dreamforce 2009 – 41 hours 7 minutes
Here are the top five companies who responded:
|Rank||LeadsCon East 2010 Exhibitors||Time (hh: mm:ss)|
I know it is a really small audit with only 57 websites audited (Dreamforce 2009 had 2875 audits performed), but it was disappointing that the very industry that generates the leads is the slowest so far to respond to them.
The good new is that there is lots of room for improvement.
Top 20 Articles on www.KenKrogue.com
- What is Inside Sales? Our Definition of Inside Sales – 15,262 Views
- Inside Sales Best Practices – 1,445 Views
- Inside Sales Tips by Ken Krogue – 923 Views
- KPI – Key Performance Indicators – 822 Views
- Inside Sales versus Outside Sales – 489 Views
- Is Leaving a Voicemail Worthwhile? – 408 Views
- 6 Reasons Salesforce Users Need Hosted Dialer Technology – 370 Views
- Behind the Cloud – Ken’s Notes – 305 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – No Vacations Last Week of the Month – 275 Views
- Funny Inside Sales Videos – 247 Views
- Demand Generation Tactics and Strategy – 245 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Skip to the Beep – 245 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Interest is The Counterfeit of Need – 220 Views
- Inside Sales is Top Method of Lead Generation – 205 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – How LinkedIn Gives you 3 Free SEO Backlinks – 189 Views
- Inside Sales Training – 179 Views
- Marketing B2B 4 Quick Email Tips – 154 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Specialize – 140 Views
- Leadscon East Vendors Need to Drink their Own Medicine – 133 Views
- What is Lead Response Management – 127 Views
Get a Free Lead ResponseAudit
How well are your sales teams responding to leads? Participate in a free Lead ResponseAudit and see how efficient your sales team actually is.