One of my favorite trainers that used to come teach us when I worked at Franklin Quest (now FranklinCovey) was Joel Weldon. He tells the story of a high school teacher who found this illustration in a cattlemans publication and would share it at the first of his social studies classes every year:
- In socialism, if you have two cows, the government takes one and gives it to your neighbor.
- In communism, the government takes both cows and gives you the milk.
- In fascism, you keep both cows, the government takes the milk and sells it back to you.
- In New Dealism, the government shoots one cow and pours the others milk down the drain.
- In nazism, the government takes both cows and shoots you.
- In capitalism, you sell one cow and buy a bull.
What do we call what is going on now?