Never Miss Your Number Again: 10 Secrets for Responding to Inbound Leads
Every start of the new fiscal year, sales professionals are looking at sky-high quotas. Many sales reps often attempt to reach quota by having what they call coverage. If they have a specific sales target, they need X times that number in their pipeline to be on track. Marketing generated leads, or inbound leads, are crucial to helping them reach their number.
The reason inbound leads are a high value asset is they are potential clients which are further along in the buyer’s cycle than any outbound leads would be. By definition, an inbound lead is an individual prospect who chooses to contact you and is familiar with your products and services.
Why Inbound Leads Are Better Than Outbound Leads
From a sales reps’ perspective, it can’t get any better. An inbound lead is a warm lead that trumps the cold call any day of the week, and there’s a few simple reasons why:
- Leads driven by online searches (SEO leads) have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate, shows the Search Engine Journal. When an inbound lead calls, you can safely assume the need and purchase intent is there.
- Inbound marketing leads also cost 61% less to acquire than leads generated through outbound marketing, like direct mail, trade shows, and telemarketing, according to Hubspot.
Of course, that means you need to treat your inbound leads with respect.
At XANT, we have the data on what’s the best response time for inbound lead, best follow-up strategy and what content works best for these types of leads. We’ve studied thousands of lead responses and some patterns emerged.
Watch the Webinar To Master Inbound Lead Response
Watch the webinar on responding to inbound leads to find out the secrets of unlocking easy sales deals from your inbound calls.
We review the market debate about how to respond to inbound leads and fill you in on the top 10 things you need to know when following up on marketing generated leads.
In this session you’ll learn:
- How companies are responding to inbound marketing leads today
- What’s the sweet spot for the ideal lead response time
- The strategy and data behind a lead follow-up cadence customized to your unique go-to-market plan