Quick Recap of Marc Benioff’s Dreamforce 2015 Keynote
This afternoon at Dreamforce, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff gave his keynote address in front of a packed room and thousands of online viewers.
If you have the time, it’s certainly worth watching when made available.
During the two-hour presentation, Marc highlighted big accomplishments, new products and a new philanthropic focus for the year.
To quickly catch you up, here are a few highlights from Marc’s address.
Salesforce has always had a strong commitment to charitable initiatives through its Salesforce Foundation.
Here are a few statistics from Marc’s presentation:
- Salesforce has raised $36 million in the past 5 years for children’s health care.
- Salesforce has worked with over 26,000 nonprofits.
- Salesforce has donated more than $250 million in product.
Marc also announced this year’s focus on cancer treatment, with a specific emphasis on breast cancer.
Along with some impressive numbers with regards to charitable giving, Salesforce has reported some pretty impressive numbers in terms of business growth.
Salesforce is on its way to becoming the world’s fourth largest software company, and with numbers like these, it’s not hard to see why:
The middle portion of the keynote featured Marc alongside Salesforce co-founder, Parker Harris.
Parker introduced some of the major changes Salesforce customers can expect in the coming months.
- A new mobile-inspired interface for the Salesforce Lightning Platform
- The introduction of SalesforceIQ for small business
- A number of software solutions that integrate with the Internet of Things
Customers and partners
The end of the presentation featured representatives from Microsoft, Cisco and Western Union who all shared how the Salesforce platform was helping them better manage their customers and achieve greater results.
What were your favorite highlights from his keynote? Share your thoughts and comments using the hashtag #DF15Top10.