I just got off the phone with my friend Marge Bieler, the CEO of RareAgent. She has worked in the lead generation space for many years and has been having great success in promoting LinkedIn as a tool to connect with decision makers. She has written a wonderful white paper about what she has learned and I asked her if I could summarize here for my readers and friends and point them to her LinkedIn profile for full access to the original.
Here is a Ken’s Note summary of what she says:
Gather your professional experience, interests, and capabilities, and use the Top 10 Tips below to help you begin designing your profile.
1. Craft an informative profile headline: Your headline becomes a slogan for your professional brand, such as “Conversations to Cash Creator” or “Automated Social Media Methods.”
2. Upload an appropriate photo: Select a professional, high-quality headshot of you alone.
3. Boast about your education: List all the institutions you’ve attended, provide highlights of your activities. Don’t be shy.
4. Cultivate a professional summary statement: The first few paragraphs should be concise and confident about value, goals, how you solve a particular pain.
5. Use Keywords to fill your “Specialties” section: Phrases that an individual might type into a search engine to find a person like you.
6. Update your status on a weekly basis: Stay on other people’s radar.
7. Show your connectedness with LinkedIn Groups and badges: TIP: when searching on group, leave the group search area blank, and hit search, the groups with the highest memberships will show on top.
8. Collect third-party-recommendations: Get at least one recommendation associated with each position you have held.
9. Claim your exclusive LinkedIn URL: Include your LinkedIn URL in your email signature.
10. Share your work: Share your templates, blogs, and showcase your writings, design work, media interviews or other accomplishments by displaying URLs or adding LinkedIn Applications.
You can download the full version by going to Marge Bieler on LinkedIn.
Great info Marge!
Free eBook: 31 Inside Sales Must Haves
Gain access to 31 inside sales tips to help drive leads, appointments and sales.